Terms & Conditions
Policy Update: July-2017
- 90 days, one-time non-adapt return warranty on progressive lenses orders only.
- Lenses must be returned to Lens Shapers within 90 days of original invoice date to be eligible for credit.
Doctor’s Rx Change Warranty
- 90 days, one-time Doctor’s Rx change replacement warranty.
- Lenses may only be replaced with new Rx within 90 days of original invoice date. Lenses are not eligible for return credit if a replacement order is not placed.
- Lens Shapers reserves the right to request proof of Rx change (original and new prescriptions) where needed.
Order Cancellation or Change
- Cancellation or change of an order before the manufacturing process has begun will be processed at no charge.
- Cancellation or change of an order for which manufacturing process has already begun will be invoiced with a 30% discount only.
- Lenses being returned for credit or replacement must carry with them completely filled out Lens Shapers Return/Credit Form. Credits may be delayed or rejected if essential information is missing.
Shipping of Returns
- Customer is responsible for shipping cost of returns. If a pre-paid waybill is used, the shipping amount will be deducted from the credit.
- Returns should be sent through a traceable delivery service. Lens Shapers is not responsible for items lost in courier.
- Orders must be returned if found defective upon receipt for no charge replacement.
- Orders may not be covered for workmanship related defects after 30 days of the invoice date.
Scratch Resistant Coating (SRC)
- SRC is included with all Polycarbonate lenses at no extra charge.
Hard Coat (HC)
- HC will be added automatically as a minimum on all lenses except CR39, 1.56, and Polycarbonate indexes unless AR coating is ordered. (For Polycarbonate, SRC is included at no charge instead. See above)
- 90 days, 1 year, or 2 years warranties on coatings against normal use. Warranty may be denied if there is evidence of aggressive use.
- Please refer to Coatings & Treatments section of the price list for warranty information.
- Only original prescription, lens type, material, or coating will be used for replacement.
- Only Polycarbonate, Trivex, and HiVex materials carry a one-time chipping and breakage warranty for a period of 1 year. No other materials carry chipping or breakage warranty.
- Customers are required to sign Safety Waiver Form in cases where non-safety lenses are ordered for safety frames for the order to be processed.
- Safety stamps are only available on orders that are surfaced and edged & mounted by Lens Shapers.
- Tinting is only available on CR39, 1.56, and HiVex materials.
- Tint orders with AR coating may not be an exact match due to the AR coating process. Tint colour and darkness may differ up to 20% from the provided sample.
Coating on Edged Lenses
- Coating on edged lenses is no longer available.
Customer Own Product
- Lens Shapers no longer accepts customer own lenses for edging or any other process.
- All processes involving patient own frame will be at customer’s own risk. Lens Shapers uses extreme care in such situations; however, cannot accept responsibility for any damage.
- A new frame, damaged or broken during mounting at Lens Shapers, will be repaired or replaced by the same frame at no charge or subject to a credit equivalent to the price of the frame. A copy of the invoice of the frame will be required in such cases.
- Lens Shapers accepts no responsibility in the case of breaking a frame during the removal of old lenses already mounted in the frame.
- Statements are sent out first working day of the month.
- Statements are delivered through email unless explicitly instructed and agreed upon an alternative method of delivery.
- All payments are due by the 15th of next month. Payments shall be made payable to “Lens Shapers Inc.” and are acceptable by cheque or major credit card. For credit card payments, a 2.5% service charge may be added.
- Penalty charges will be added to late payments at the rate of 24% annual (or 2% monthly).
- Each bounced cheques or a denied credit card payment will be back-charged with a $50 penalty.
- Accounts past due over 60 days receive automatic holds.
- Volume discount, if any, is only applicable if payment is received by 15th of next month.
- Lens Shapers reserves the right to require pre-authorized credit card payment based upon credit history.
- All orders taken on phone will be confirmed and verified by reading the order back.
- FREE shipping to all Canadian customer locations, some conditions apply. No credit will be given for pick-ups.
- A $5 shipping charge will incur on Uncut Stock lenses only orders of under $30. (Edged & Mounted stock orders do not incur this charge).
- All prices are in Canadian Dollars and Per Pair unless otherwise stated. Prices are subject to change without notice.